Vinyl flooring is a popular choice for many homeowners due to its durability and affordability.
However, it’s not immune to scuffs and marks, especially when exposed to rubber materials such as shoes or toys. These pesky marks can be frustratingly difficult to remove, but fear not!
In this article, we’ll show you how to easily remove rubber marks from vinyl floor using just a few household items.
Let’s get started!
Table of Contents
Things you need
To remove rubber marks from vinyl floor, you’ll need a few basic household items. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Eraser/Tennis ball – Though it might sound weird, eraser or a tennis ball really helps in removing those rubber marks and other stains form your vinyl floor
- Baking soda – Baking soda is another common cleaning agent that can be used to remove tough stains on vinyl flooring.
- Microfiber cloth or sponge – A soft microfiber cloth or sponge will make sure that you don’t damage your floors while cleaning them.
- Water – You’ll need water to dilute the cleansing ingredient and rinse off any residue after cleaning.
- Rubbing alcohol – If the rubber mark is particularly stubborn, rubbing alcohol can help loosen it up for easier removal.
- Toothpaste – Toothpaste is a commonly available household item that does a great job of removing the rubber marks.
Having these items on hand before starting your cleaning process will make things easier for you in the long run. With just a little bit of patience, those rubber marks will be gone in no time!
How to remove rubber marks from vinyl floor
Vinyl floors have numerous advantages but there are easily prone to scratches from furniture and other drags.
If you floor has a rubber stain it can make the floor look not very pleasing and can spoil the aesthetic look of it.
To remove the mark from the floor there are several methods that you can try.
Depending on the stubborness of the mark and the type of vinyl floor you have one or more of these methods might work for you.
Take a clean eraser and rub it over the rubber marks. Rub it moderation and in a circular motion until the marks are completely gone.
This method works great if the rubber marks aren’t very stubborn and can remove even other stain and mild scratches from your vinyl floor.
In a spray bottle mix water and rubbing alchol in equal proportion.
Spray the mixture over the areas with rubber marks and let it sit for few minutes.
Now, use a damp cloth to rub over in a circular motion.
Don’t be too harsh on the floor, mild circular motion will work.
iii) Tennis ball
Just like a eraser, tennis ball works great in removing rubber marks, scuff marks and stains on your vinyl floor.
Take a tennis ball and rub over the affected area in a circular motion.
It will remove all the rubber marks and make the area clean.
iv) Baking soda
If the rubber marks are too stubborn they can be present in the floor for too long making it hard to remove.
Mix 1 cup of baking soda in a gallon or a bucket of clean water.
Dip your mop in it and wipe the affected area with the mop. This should remove the stains and marks from your floor.
Apply a coin size of tooth paste on the affected areas of your floor. Let it sit on the area for few minutes.
Use a clean damp cloth and rub it over the tooth paste to remove the rubber stain,
Now, use clean warm water to wipe the left over paste and clean the area throughly.
Add a mild detegerant to the water and dip the cloth in it and wipe it.
If the marks are still stubborn you can use a bit stronger cleaning solution like vinegar or rubbing alchol
Rinse the area with clean water to make sure the mark and the detergent stains are removed
Preventing Future Damage
By following the steps outlined above, you can easily remove rubber marks from vinyl flooring. However, prevention is always better than cure. Here are some tips to prevent future damage to your vinyl floors:
1. Avoid wearing shoes with hard soles or high heels on vinyl floors as they can leave scuff marks.
2. Place doormats at the entrance of your home and encourage everyone to wipe their feet before entering.
3. Use furniture pads under heavy furniture such as tables and chairs to prevent scratches and dents on the floor.
4. Clean up any spills or stains immediately using a soft cloth or mop and a gentle cleaner that is safe for use on vinyl floors.
5. Avoid dragging heavy objects across your vinyl floor as this can cause permanent damage.
By taking these preventative measures, you will be able to maintain the beauty and integrity of your vinyl flooring for years to come!